Saturday, July 27, 2013

WOO HOO WHAT A WEEK!!!  (had to do it) :-)

OH to be home!  Very bittersweet experience for sure.  I truly miss the view, peacefulness and the ability to get away from the world for a bit!  I am so happy to be home with family and sleeping in my own bed for sure!  If I could have family, own bead and the ADK's all in one I just might have to go for it!  One thing that I am looking forward to is a honeymoon in a week with the greatest guy in the world back in a truly amazing area, the ADK's!

While talking to my family about what we did all week I know that the experience was one that cannot be matched in any lecture style classroom.  We were pushed to try new things outside of our comfort zone, and possibly some of our skills.  We all have diverse backgrounds and interests, it will be interesting to see where this class takes us and where it will bring us together.   We have a long ways to go in the world as far as our education system of standardized testing and the environmental movement.  This class helped to define where I am in both of these movements.

Thank you Karl, Beth for the class organization and teaching in a way we all learned more than we ever would have in a classroom!

Thank you Rhonda for your care while we were at Antlers this week, it was for sure, an amazing week!

Thank you John Slade for writing your book and coming to talk to us, you are an inspiration through your writing and talks!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ashley. Best wishes as you enter this new phase of your life with your marriage. It will surely bring new challenges but is also likely to bring great rewards. Take care and thanks for joining us with The Adirondack Classroom. - Beth and Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha - I forgot to note your "whoo hoo" - now THAT'S the way to start an essay!!!! - KK

    ReplyDelete